Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How Do You Pray?

How do you pray? Do you have special quiet time in the morning? Are you like me and you chat with God all throughout the day? Do you journal your prayers so you can look back and recognize where and how God worked in your life?

Some people are intimidated by prayer. They have so much reverance for the Lord, that they fail to go to him as their Father in Heaven. Others are able to pray on the spot in front of others as they feel led by the Holy Spirit.
When I was growing up, we had "family prayer" every Friday night. All eight kids and mom and dad would kneel in a circle and take turns praying. As I have grown older, I have backed away from praying in front of others, but have made the decision to change that. My own little family has begun our own "family prayer" tradition at dinner each evening. I can already see the difference it is making.

Please share with us how you pray now, how your prayer life has evolved over the years or prayers you need from us. Make sure you watch this week's show on prayer with our special guest Jennifer Stoll. You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment